ANNOUNCE: 'goto' for Python

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Sat Apr 3 04:50:39 EST 2004

[Roger]
> http://www.fortran.com/come_from.html
> http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ComeFrom
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/CodeDoc/Acme-ComeFrom/ComeFrom.html

Thanks for the references!  It's a bit of an embarrassment for the Python
community that it's taken us so long to catch up.

And it's a bit of an embarrassment for me that I didn't implement "goto
<linenumber>" or "comefrom <linenumber>" - I'll implement those in the
next release.

(Computed and conditional comefroms are already on the list, as are
computed labels, which I'm surprised to se missing from Clark's paper.
His "assigned COME FROM" is almost the same thing, but I found it
confusing - computed labels seem like a much clearer way of achieving the
same thing.)

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com
(I know it's two days since April 1st, but I can't help myself)