python thread scheduler?

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Wed Apr 7 09:52:18 EDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, project2501 wrote:

> this suggests to me that the barrier i'm hitting is the python thread
> schedular, not the server software being tested.

As Python uses native OS threads, it doesn't have its own thread
scheduler.

What you might be seeing is an effect of the number of bytecode
instructions executed between the Global Interpreter Lock (GIL) being
released/reacquired by a particular thread - see sys.setcheckinterval().

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia