sending email notification

Rene Aguirre reneaguirre at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 14:48:03 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'd like to make a sort of web tracking system for internal stuff at
my office.
But I'm having problems about how to add email notification to my
script.

I already tried to send email by using the 'email' module, with no
success (the connection can't be stablished). I think my case is a
very specific enviroment (may be very common):
  * Local /corporate intranet controlled through NTFS proxy.
  * I don't have access to a regular SMTP mail server, regular email
access is through outlook email server, so, I'll have to send emai
messages to the corporate outlook server.
  * Desktop / server enviroment is windows (if I make a cgi script the
server where it'll run is a regular Windows XP machine here in the
office running Apache).

Any ideas, is it possible?

Rene