What is good about Prothon?

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Tue Apr 27 13:15:57 EDT 2004

"Michael Geary" <Mike at DeleteThis.Geary.com> wrote ...

> I thought you'd already solved the problem anyway?

David has been insisting for weeks that we don't need the obj$func() form if
the interpreter just recognizes that obj is a prototype as Python does with
classes.  This is a never-ending argument that I am trying to end,
especially since he has been using his argument to make claims about Prothon
being too complex.

I've got Has on one side of me who says that having prototype references
instead of copies makes it too much like Python and therefore it isn't
prototype-based and then David who thinks prototypes should be handled
internally like classes (which would actually make them classes) and an
occasional Lisper who thinks Prothon should be like Lisp.  I knew I couldn't
please them all, but I thought I'd be able to please one or two :)