Why we will use obj$func() often

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Thu Apr 22 17:14:39 EDT 2004

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:

> This isn't really a very clear description of what's going on in
> Python.  It won't matter to the Prothon users, but don't want any
> Python users to get confused...

My inability to understand this stuff is what drove me to do Prothon <grin>.
All the hidden wrapped this and wrapped that confused me to no end.

>     By the way, the modern Python idiom is:
>
>         super( klass2, self ).func( )

You're kidding.  That seems like a big leap backwards in friendliness.  Kind
of a syntax castor oil.

That's explains why Joe Mason did his proposal for Prothon delegation using
that same idiom for Prothon.  I thought he was somewhat crazy wanting us to
type all that each time.

What problem caused Python to want to switch to such a general operation?
What is the usage case that is so important that it is making eveyone wear
out their keyboards typing that monstrosity?

Oh well, I guess it gives me one more argument to pitch for Prothon...