HTML writer

Moosebumps moosebumps at moosebumps.com
Sat Apr 3 03:49:21 EST 2004

"Walter Dörwald" <walter at livinglogic.de> wrote in message
news:406D3C97.7020006 at livinglogic.de...
> Moosebumps wrote:
>
> > Is there a standard solution for writing HTML web pages with Python?  I
> > don't know that much about web programming, but basically I want to
generate
> > some internal reports on a web page.
>
> There are several possible HTML generators for Python:
> HTMLgen http://starship.python.net/crew/friedrich/HTMLgen/html/main.html
> HyperText http://dustman.net/andy/python/HyperText/
> XIST http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/

Thanks for those links, they look like what I'm looking for.  Does anyone
have any comment on which one of these requires you to have the least amount
specific web programming knowledge?  i.e. I know basic HTML, and I am an
experienced C programmer, but haven't really delved into the specifics of
it... never really wanted to clutter up my mind with the alphabet soup of
web programming  : ).  I was thinking that there was some Python library
that would wrap the functionality of these languages in some nice consistent
OO python interface.  It looks like all of these are exactly that, from what
I gather, which is great.

That is, I would not like any specific HTML tags anywhere in my own code,
and it seems like that is what they will allow me to do.  But I would be
interested to hear opinions/experiences with these packages.

thanks,
MB