ANN: Bioinformatics Open Source Conference

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 8 17:58:22 EDT 2004

I know there's many people here using Python for bioinformatics
(including people who don't use Biopython :)

If you're planning to be at ISMB this summer you might want
to check out BOSC, the Bioinformatics Open Source Conference
  http://www.open-bio.org/bosc2004/
which takes place two days before ISMB starts.  It's a great
time to talk about your software project either a full talk
(up to 30 minutes), a lighting talk (about 5 minutes) or during
one of our demo sessions.

The deadline for full-talk proposals is next week, but we
will accept lighting talks and demos until we run out of
space, even during the conference itself.

I hope to have a good showing by Python people!

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com