MATLAB2Python

Sarge sarge at arena.invalid
Thu Apr 29 16:13:30 EDT 2004

> I have found numerous cases where Python programs run 10-100
> times slower or more than a comparable Fortran 95 program.

Uh-oh. This is not fine.
I want to switch to py in order to achieve more flexibility
especially in the areas of GUIs, distributed computing, and oo-
programming. But I don't want my programs run 100 times slower!
Is it possible to integrate some fortran compiled routines in order
to speed up the more time-consuming steps?

Thanx,
Sarge

P.S. I have already tried Fortran95 for a while, but I found it's a
very old-fashioned language, more than Matlab itself, I didn't like
it very much.