Difficulty finding Python employer

Dave Benjamin ramen at lackingtalent.com
Mon Apr 19 12:55:23 EDT 2004

In article <40824dca$0$136$3a628fcd at reader1.nntp.hccnet.nl>, Anton Vredegoor wrote:
> Dave Benjamin:
>
>>> Will send no resume. Can't stand hype. Must telecommute.
>>
>>That could explain your difficulty...
>
> Yes, my resume is less than useless. An academic education as a social
> scientist, a few years work at a university followed by a lot of years
> of unemployment, very lightly sprinkled by short term programming
> jobs.

You could always invent a programming language; it seems to have helped
Guido segue into the commercial work force. =) The light sprinkling of
temporary work will probably hurt you. I got a hard time from employers for
that, even though a) I was in school, b) short-term job-hopping was
practically the norm for the tech industry until a few years ago.

But in any case, I didn't mean to mock you, I honestly thought you were
either joking or that I was misreading or misunderstanding your message.

> The other conditions I also can't do much about except switching
> identity and relocating.

Well, if you truly must telecommute, I can't say that you picked a
particularly bad field. =) Also, keep in mind that an open source project
can make a nice resume builder, and give you experience, and give you the
opportunity to network (in the social sense) and meet people that just might
be instrumental to your future.

Best wishes,
Dave

--
.:[ dave benjamin: ramen/[sp00] -:- spoomusic.com -:- ramenfest.com ]:.
:  please talk to your son or daughter about parametric polymorphism. :