Python GUI wrapper for a long operation

Oleg Paraschenko usenet at datahansa.com
Tue Apr 20 23:02:27 EDT 2004

Hello Stewart,

stewart at midwinter.ca (Stewart Midwinter) wrote in message
news:<9396ba6f.0404160520.364699c4 at posting.google.com>...
> good stuff!
>
> I'll study your app for some clues for my own situation. I want to
> continually get data from a remote server, and then graph values that
> I have received, probably using Tkinter canvas widget.  Understanding
> threads will be helpful for me, so I'll study how you used threads in
> your app.

  I hope that the app will help you. Please beware that
documentation describes how things are done, but does not explain
why. It is so because some advanceed knowledge is assumed:

* threads,
* master-view-controller pattern (it is partially used in the code),
* logging in a log4j style.

> You may want to post your idea on the tkinter mailing list

  Thanks for the suggestion.

  Regards, Oleg