Cookies

Michael Geary Mike at DeleteThis.Geary.com
Wed Apr 7 00:49:58 EDT 2004

> Trying to write a python script that does the same thing my browser
> does when posting a form.(cgi)
>
> All works except for this.  My browser has a cookie which it also sends,
> and the server insists on getting.
>
> So how can I replicate this under python? I've looked at cookie
> module but can't see how to use it to achieve this.  Please help.

That's right, the cookie module is for use on a server, not a client.

Try the ClientCookie module:

http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientCookie/

I've used this successfully to do client-side things such as logging into
Yahoo as a browser would.

-Mike