String concatenation

Leif B. Kristensen junkmail at solumslekt.org
Fri Apr 2 13:10:08 EST 2004

Erik Max Francis wrote:

> Maybe it's grabbing tabs, or obscure unprintable whitespace you can't
> see.  Certainly what you're pasting in to these posts is intended,
> whether or not you did that manually.

The problem is recognised and confirmed. I posted a description of the
situation on comp.windows.x.kde, and received essentially this answer:

"you will notice that the "space" is an ASCII space (20 hex) in the
working version and ASCII space + 128 (A0 hex) in the non-working
version. Just because the display looks the same does not mean it is
the same."

regards,
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen