Regexp optimization question

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no
Fri Apr 23 18:56:38 EDT 2004

In article <c6brgc$a70l0$1 at ID-99293.news.uni-berlin.de>, William Park wrote:
[snip]

>Since you want both the matched strings and their locations in file, you
>pretty much have to this manually, one by one.

Well -- that's more or less what I'm doing. (Or -- I can get the match
objects all at once, of course, using finditer.)

I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for performance improvements. Hm.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland              "Wake up!"  - Rage Against The Machine
http://hetland.org              "Shut up!"  - Linkin Park