emergent/swarm/evolutionary systems etc

eltronic at juno.com eltronic at juno.com
Sat Apr 3 17:51:47 EST 2004

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 18:19:05 +0000 (UTC) "Peter MacKenzie" <peter9547
btinternet.com> writes:
> I think then that I might stick with spreadsheets as far a possible.
its easy to under estimate the time it takes to get fluent in
a spreadsheet while over estimating the time it takes to get fluent
with python based on familiarity alone.
don't neglect the paper and pencil flowchart,
clean data and apples to apples comparisons.

> Do you
> know of any simulation programs that might be more suited?
Simpy  http://simpy.sourceforge.net/  is one.
see recent pycon one page presentation
http://www.python.org/pycon/dc2004/papers/16/

> how would
> you extract data from a spreadsheet for use in another program?
export csv, saveas csv,
Comma Delimited or Comma Separated Value
python can parse that file, help(csv) .

please forward all spam to  uce at ftc.gov