ANNOUNCE : dataenc.py and Pythonutils

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Tue Apr 6 11:21:25 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<XbWdnW_pzooxEe_dRVn-ug at powergate.ca>...
> Fuzzyman wrote:
>
> > http://www.voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/pythonutils.html
> >
> > Various Python Resources
> >
> > Dateutils :
> > Version 1.0.2
> >
> > This is a set of functions for dealing with dates - written for a
> > little tool called 'Victory Days'. They are particularly useful for
> > dealing with appointments - e.g. the second Tuesday in March etc...
> >
> > The functions will tell you what day of the week a date is, work out
> > the 'Julian day number' of a date is, correctly add numbers of days
> > (weeks, months etc) to a date and tell you the number of days between
> > a date, format a datestring etc. Full correction for leap years and
> > much more.

> No tests?  :-(  How do you know it works?
>
> -Peter

I use it in various applications... particularly the application
'victorydays' on the same page. (also a Customer Contact database I am
writing for our company intranet).

In fact there are a couple of tests in the module - but not many...
still - I use it regularly and haven't made any changes for quite some
time - I consider it stable now.... :-)

Regards,

Fuzzy