tkinter widget collection project

klappnase klappnase at web.de
Thu Apr 22 14:35:37 EDT 2004

rick.lawson at rbc.com wrote in message news:<mailman.850.1082566436.20120.python-list at python.org>...
> I, like a lot of developers, have collected a homegrown set of widgets for
> Tkinter.
>
> Any thoughts on a central repository for Tkinter widgets or widget
> extensions? Stuff that's not in Tkinter or standard extensions like Pmw.
>
> It would be nice if you could go to sourceforge and download a package
> instead of hunting the Vaults, the Activestate cookbook, googling, etc.
>
> If there's enough interest I'd be willing to set the project up on
> sourceforge and provide some (limited) manpower towards packaging submitted
> widgets.

Great idea!

Maybe it might be even nicer if it was not necessary to download the
whole package; I was thinking of a page where you could directly copy
and paste the code of a widget into your application.
I'm not sure about that, but maybe the Tkinter wiki Cameron Laird
mentioned might be a good place for that, it might make it easier for
other people to extend existing widgets (or maybe fix bugs in more
complex ones).

> Thanks,
> Rick Lawson

Thanks to you!