Why we will use obj$func() often

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Thu Apr 22 21:15:42 EDT 2004

"Erik Max Francis" <max at alcyone.com> wrote ...

> Says the guy who's introducing a new operator to his language before
> even understanding the behavior of the original one, by his own
> admission ...

Well, I do tend to exaggerate a bit.  I can understand it when I study it,
but in everyday coding it does not roll off my fingers.  Also, it is
possible to design something new without understanding the old.  It might
even be an advantage in some circumstances to not be tainted by old
concepts.

I am serious when I say I think that Python has headed off into egghead land
a bit and I feel that keeps a lot of people from switching to it.  I think
that this heady stuff scares them off.  I really am trying to make things
simpler in Prothon.  Now, whether I can succeed or not is another question.
Only time will tell.