Indent testers needed (Prothon)

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Sat Apr 3 03:22:12 EST 2004

    Peter> I heard a rumour Python is heading for "no tabs", period.
    Peter> Why not just

I find this rumor hard to believe - there would have been some more
official announcement, and the resulting code breakage would be
major. Not all legacy code can be run through reindent.py either...

I think the most sensible thing would be to give warnings on mixed
indenting by default, not by some command line switch nobody
uses. Newbies get burned by it all the time.

Alternatively, change the tab size as interpreted by Python to 321
spaces. The current assumption of 8 violates "explicit is better than
implicit".

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb