Difference between default arguments and keyword arguments

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Apr 4 19:23:24 EDT 2004

"John Roth" <newsgroups at jhrothjr.com> wrote:
> In going through the tutorial I also noticed that it explained
> the * notation, but not the ** notation. I think this also needs
> to be repaired - if one is in the tutorial, both should be.

I suspect this will be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think either
belong in the tutorial.

I think the function of a tutorial is to introduce somebody to the main
features of the language, not cover every nook and cranny of the syntax.
The * and ** syntaxes (synti?), while certainly useful, are also
somewhat advanced topics.  I think their appearance in an introductory
document is misplaced.