why is python better than eg. smalltalk?? no one has any solid arguments! you should all go to church with all that religious talk!

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Apr 10 22:43:02 EDT 2004

In article <c59lvb$mtm$1 at nemesis.news.tpi.pl>,
Jarek Zgoda  <jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl> wrote:
>Jon Perez <jbperez808 at wahoo.com> pisze:
>>
>> For the past 10 years, I have been in search for a 'holy grail' of
>> a text editor and a language.  Something I could absolutely devote
>> myself to using.  After the dozens and dozens I've tried and looked
>> at, I can now say to myself that I have found what I've been looking
>> for with SciTE and Python.
>
>I didn't found *the editor* yet (although Eric3 looks very promising),
>but my opinion on Python is very similar.

I found my editor fifteen years ago.  Guess which it is.  (The point
being that there are only two editors still in regular use that were
available fifteen years ago -- and those two editors are still ubiquitous
now.  Doesn't matter much which you pick, they'll still be available
fifteen years in the future.)

Why is this newsgroup different from all other newsgroups?