Aspect Programming Module

Alexandre Fayolle alf at calvin.fayauffre.org
Fri Apr 16 04:21:02 EDT 2004

Le 16-04-2004, Yermat <loic at fejoz.net> a écrit :

> Does it help ?

Well, yes and no. I agree that this is how AOP can be made to work in
Python (aand your implementation is not conceptually very different from
logilab.aspect (except that the module has some entry points for
choosing which methods are tied to the aspect)

However, I would not call this a "mixin" (which was the key word in my
question). My vision of a mixin implies (maybe wrongly) some
responsibilities to be added or customized through multiple inheritance
to a given class by a mixin class. This supposes that the originial
class was designed with the mixin in mind.