CamelCase versus wide_names (Prothon)

Michael Geary Mike at DeleteThis.Geary.com
Sat Apr 17 02:07:52 EDT 2004

Jack Diederich wrote:
> Strength of the belief that you have found the one true way is
> inversely proportional to the number of things you have tried.
> Java and VB folks are more likely to have an N of one and a
> belief approaching unity.  They are also more likely to be
> mixedCase people. That is my opinion.

I'll volunteer to be the exception that proves the rule. :-)

I'm 52, have been programming since 1968, and have coded in at least 30
different languages, using all of the naming conventions that have been
discussed here along with a few more.

I spent many years coding using names with underscores, but now I'm a big
fan of mixed case names and use them in all of my code. In fact, you can
blame me for talking Mark into changing Prothon to use mixed case names.

So, it ain't just the young'uns with limited experience. :-)

-Mike