Newbie to client/server

John Fabiani jfabiani at yolo.com
Thu Apr 22 09:52:21 EDT 2004

I don't understand how to get data from multi tables for my forms/windows.
I have been reading how to connect and get data (using a SQL statement)
from MySQL.  I think I understand.
Now the question if I have a form (i.e. AR invoice) that requires data from
more than one table (or I need multi SQL statements) where do I put it.  It
appears that I can have only one cursor.  This must be wrong. I can
understand that I can reuse the connect object but the returning
information ends up into the same cursor.  I don't want code (just how to
do it right) but when I do something like the following it does not work:
Con=myconnection_string
Cursor=con.cursor()
Cursor.execute(somestatement)
newCursor=con.cursor()
newCursor.execute(somestatement)  #does not work
John
--
John Fabiani