Is classless worth consideration

has has.temp2 at virgin.net
Fri Apr 30 10:55:24 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<boydnb9qfrqWJQzdRVn-gw at powergate.ca>...

> > Compared to C++, I expect it's a real breath of fresh air. But
> > compared to how something like Self does OO, it is indeed hideously
> > baroque.
>
> Oh, now you're qualifying the statement.  In comparison to
> something less baroque, it's baroque.  Fair enough...

Merely posting you some meaningful reference points, as I take it by
your adjectives you're more from the C++ end of the spectrum.

> But at least you say what you think.  That counts for
> something. :-)
>
> -Peter
>
> P.S. You've got an art background, I've got an engineering
> background, neither of us has a CS background.  Maybe that
> ought to tell us how well we're likely to communicate about
> software and we can just stop here. ;-)

The day that scientists, engineers, programmers and artists start
talking to one another, instead of constructing vast impenetrable
fortresses to hide behind, is one I _greatly_ look forward to. Where
such rampant self-serving cliquery and deeply reactionary
conservativism sprung from I don't know, but I do wish it'd hurry up
and bog off again. Poor Leonardo must be spinning in his grave. :(