CamelCase versus wide_names (Prothon)

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Thu Apr 15 19:30:38 EDT 2004

Joe Mason wrote:

> Wasn't one of the Prothon design goals "when in doubt, follow Python"?

Yes, and that was why I was voting for wide_names.  Buit the logic was to
make conversion from Python to Prothon easy and to make ex-Pythoners (like
myself) happy.  That logic falls apart if it is easy to convert names and
Pythoners want camelCase.  After posting this question and seeing that the
majority want camelCase, I switched my vote (and have already switched
Prothon's var names; it only took 10 minutes to switch).