python under subversion (svn)

Harry George harry.g.george at boeing.com
Tue Apr 27 09:36:46 EDT 2004

I'm experimenting with svn.  What is the best way to set up the
original project, anticipating "importing" to a truck-and-branch
world?

When I start I have:
  myproject/
    doc/
    mypackage/
      stable.py
      changing.py
    test/
      go_test

To do branches, I think I'm supposed to get to end up with:

myproject/
  trunk/
    doc/
    mypackage/
      stable.py
    test/
      go_test
  branches/
    branch1/
      mypackage/
        changing.py
      test/
        go_test

But a simple "import" of the starting project doesn't get me to the
endpoint, and the "go_test" scripts have to be tweaked to point to the
right PYTHONPATH's to pickup both stable and changing modules.

Am I correctly understanding the problem?  Are there clean solutions?
Should I be totally replicating the whole project under trunk and each
branch, instead of trying to keep some items on the trunk?

harry.g.george at boeing.com
6-6M21 BCA CompArch Design Engineering
Phone: (425) 342-0007