Andreas' practical language comparison

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Sun Apr 25 16:46:48 EDT 2004

"Andreas Koch" <nospam at kochandreas.com> schreef in bericht
news:c6gu81$pk6$05$2 at news.t-online.com...
<..snip...>
> > I sent bubble sort, based on the algorithm, but I'm not going
> > to bother with more if this is simply a fewest-lines competition,
> > since the first person to post some Perl will win (although K
> > appears to be ready to give tight competition in that area,
> > if the current list is any indication).
>
> It is on no way a fewest-lines competiton, especially considering
> that my favourite language (Delphi) had the most lines in nearly
> every test case :-)
>
> I removed the line counts from the overview matrix until we find
> a better solution.

I really would like to see the linecount. I do belive that it is one of the
indicators of the power of the language and its batteries. Somehow it would
be nice to have a figure for "readability", but I don't have a clue how to
generate such a figure in an automatic way. Maybe you need some panel of
experts that gives a readability figure?

kind regards, Gerrit
--
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/