MATLAB2Python

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Thu Apr 29 17:15:22 EDT 2004

Sarge wrote:

> Il 29 apr 2004, John Hunter ha scritto:
>

>>I find python + numeric/numarray + MLAb + scipy + matplotlib to
>>be a very workable replacement for matlab,
>

> [cut]
>
> I'm impressed. Especially I liked the scipts, awesome!
>
> Please help me a little more, would you?
>
> Now, I work on WindosXP and on MDK Linux, I have found on the
> Internet and downloaded all the packages you were talking about:
> python, numeric, MLAb, scipy, matplotlib, but I can't figure out in
> which order (and where) I have to install them. I don't want to mess
> things up, because the Windoze box is at work and I have to ask for
> administrator priviledges in order to install/uninstall.

Do you mind a hefty download? If not, then try Enthought's distribution
of Python[1]. matplotlib seems to have an exe installer for Windows, so
I assume it's straightforward.

But, in short, that order is correct (the last three all depend on Numeric).

[1] http://www.enthought.com/python/

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu