shutil.move, permission denied, why ?

Colin Brown cbrown at metservice.com
Wed Apr 7 17:01:10 EDT 2004

"Stéphane Ninin" <stefnin at alussinan.org> wrote in message
news:Xns94C3B42DA41DEstefninalussinanorg at 212.27.42.68...
> I just do not understand what could cause this "permissions denied" for
this
> file. Any idea of what stupid thing I could have done somewhere in the
code
> that could cause that ?
> Stephane Ninin

Hi Stéphane

Some time ago I had a "permission denied" problem on Windows that I finally
tracked down to os.system duplicating open handles at the creation instance!
The method I used to locate the problem area was by having python fire off
an instance of handle.exe (freely available from www.sysinternals.com) when
the permission error occurred to see what else had the file open.

Colin Brown
PyNZ