printing API

tertius tcronj at ananzi.co.za
Wed Sep 24 09:15:25 EDT 2003

Hi,

I need advice on printing from python. The reports are simple text-based
pre-formatted HTML files that must be send to a printer.
I was hoping that there is a way to print the report making use of the
existing HTML functionality of Netscape or IE.

I found an example of creating Word docs on Mark Hammond's site
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/ppw32 but would preferable like
to stay away from  Offi$e 2000++.

I also found some PDF creation samples but I'd prefer to stick to simple
text based format. I plan to use HTML templates that can then be
modified by the user and merged by a python script.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Many thanks
Tertius