FIFO problems

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Thu Sep 11 01:38:38 EDT 2003

The most generic method of doing interprocess communication (with
process on the same or different machine) is to use sockets.  See
Python's socket module.  There are lots of other ways -- pipes (see
the os.popen family) and shared memory, but you'll be able to find
many examples and much documentation for sockets.  Reading and writing
straight files (if that is really what you are doing) is probably not
going to work well.

Gary Herron