RELEASED Python 2.3.1

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Wed Sep 24 11:59:40 EDT 2003

On Thursday 25 September 2003 09:48 am, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Dave Brueck <dave at pythonapocrypha.com> writes:
> > I've been working on a simplistic implementation of such a run-time
> > for my own projects.
[snip]
> >  445,952 python23.dll
>
> Interesting.
>
> Is the python23.dll compressed,or did you leave features out?

I started to leave out stuff like imageop, audioop, etc - stuff I never use,
but I believe in the end I decided not to bother since it wouldn't amount to
a big difference, so IIRC that's a normal python23.dll (with "minimize size"
compiler optimizations turned on) + select + _socket + _sre + pyexpat + zlib
+ _winreg + aes then run through UPX.

-Dave