Slice inconsistency?

Stephen Horne $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.co.uk
Sat Sep 27 16:20:58 EDT 2003

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:00:39 -0400, "John Roth"
<newsgroups at jhrothjr.com> wrote:

>So you're basically passing something to __getitem__()
>that nobody thought about, and expecting it to work.
>It sounds like something I might like to use some day
>myself, but it's not going to suddenly appear by magic.
>
>Submit a PEP.

For what? - new style classes already do what I (and apparently
Roberto) would expect. I don't care if old style classes act in a
backward-compatible rather than idealistic way - that is what old
style classes are for.

All Roberto needs to do is make his class a subclass of object and it
will do exactly what he needs - somebody did think about it and that
PEP has apparently already been submitted and implemented a long time
ago.

--
Steve Horne