thread question

Rolf Wester wester at ilt.fraunhofer.de
Mon Sep 22 05:01:20 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have an application that starts a second thread, that receives
messages via a socket-server and puts that messages into a queue. The
main thread is polling that queue for new messages. My problem is that
the main thread takes to much of the time polling the empty queue while
the socket-server thread doesn't get enough time for receiving the
messages. Is it possible to force the main threat to sleep for a certain
amount of time or give the socket-server thread a higher priority?
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Rolf Wester