Using Python under ASP

Max Ischenko max at ucmg.com.ua.remove.it
Thu Sep 4 03:41:41 EDT 2003

> Another thing I've done, rather than just port all the code in a given
> piece, is to find things I can modularize and then move only the
> pieces to Python that I think make sense. For example, I've got a page
> set up that you can dynamically add content to, kind of like a wiki,
> but much more structured. The only part that is in Python is the
> script that edits the HTML file, as file access and manipulation is so
> much easier in Python than in an VBScript. All of the user elements
> are either in straight html pages or in asp with vbscript. I post my
> results to the Python page, update the file, then Response.Redirect to
> the page I'm interested in viewing after the file is updated.

I got a question on this issue.
When modularizing Python code, how does one handle data exchange between
Python snippets?

I mean, you can't store anything complicated in a Session (for
instance). Yeah, I can pickle/unpickle any Python object but that feels
like a kludge. Should I setup some global hash, keyed by SessionID to
store data there?

--
Regards, Max.