Python Documentation?

Larz lp at your-pants-coder.dk
Mon Sep 1 05:35:54 EDT 2003

> The documentation takes contributions on example snippets,
> description, etc. so when the site is completely done and a base of
> documentation have been posted, im gonna post link in here, then maybe
> the community will help us to create a great documentation source :)

Hi all, I'm the friend that Dan is talking about ;)

Just wanted to clarify our project a little bit.

Dan and I are long time php programmers. One thing that is superb about
php, is it's online documentation that everyone in the community can
contribute to (not the actual documentation, just comments with
examples).

Every since I first started using python, I've truly missed a
documentation source similar to that of PHP's. So Dan and I have started
our little project to make a documentation site in the spirit of that
documentation.

So far it looks great, and you can see some python documentation by using
URLs like http://example.com/doc/string.split and there will of course be
a search function.

Also, it will not only be the "standard" modules of Python, by suggestion
(and perhaps permission), we will include third party modules, such as
MySQLdb and the like.

As Dan writes, it will be ready very soon, within a few weeks. It will of
course be devoid of user comments in the beginning, but we're hoping that
users will contribute with some of their invaluable experience!

Best regards,

Lars Petersen

--
larz