best book in years

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Thu Sep 4 15:59:18 EDT 2003

"Patrick Useldinger" <p.useldinger at myrealbox.com> schreef in bericht
news:opruzmelopdd8opo at news.vo.lu...
> Hi All,
>
> I am going to stay in hospital for a week or so (nothing serious), and am
> trying to find a book or two to read there. As I have not come across
> anything spectacular recently (except Python in a Nutshell), I would like
> to know what *you* consider to be the best book you have read in the last
> few years, about Python or IT in general.
>
> -Patrick
During the holidays I have been reading Michael Crighton's book "Airframe".
This is a nice thriller at the one hand, but I also liked it from
professional perspective: the design of very complex, software intensive,
systems. Unfortunately I don't know how much of the story is the authors
fantasy and how close other parts might be to reality.

regards Gerrit

--
Gaudi systems architecting webpage:
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/