Thoughts on PEP284

Stephen Horne $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 12:31:08 EDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:29:44 GMT, Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it>
wrote:

>I'd rather
>have the missing upper bound be an error in this case (and rely on
>itertools.count for very explicit building of infinitely looping
>iterators) than "easily create infinities" in response to typos;-).

I probably agree - convenience is nice, but easy-to-make errors are
somewhat less nice.

A compulsory upper bound is probably a good idea. Though maybe
explicitly recognising the strings "+inf" and "-inf" in slice.stop
would be reasonable?

--
Steve Horne