artificial intelligence

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Mon Sep 1 01:33:17 EDT 2003

>Maybe there was some notice about using Python in
>geophysic and the symposium book in one journal, so there was a sudden
>spat of, say, three people who bought both.

You would think the parameter for a statistically significant sample size
would be a fundamental concept in this kind of thing. And no action taken
before one was determined to exist.

OTOH, the concept of "coincidence" must necessarily be ruled out in AI, I
would think.

*Our* intelligence seems to give us a read as to where on the bell curve a
particular event may lie, or a least some sense of when we are at an extreme
on the curve.  Which we call coincidence. AI would probably have a
particularly difficult time with this concept - it seems to me.

Spam filtering software must need to tackle these kinds of issues.

Art