distributing a standalone python app. under Linux

Nicola Mingotti nicola-mingotti at libero.it
Mon Sep 15 21:39:40 EDT 2003

Alexander Eisenhuth <stacom at stacom-software.de> writes:

> Hallo alltogether,
>
> under windows, the py2exe is first choice, but has anybody done it
> under Linux ? My first try with Installer

most linux these days already have a python interpreter
installed so i think the simplest (simplistic) method
would be send the *.py or *.pyc file/s .
( i follow this way when i give little apps to my friends )

i you want to ensure that the host machine has
python ( or the right relase of it ) you can write
a bash script that
1) install python
2) install your program [this part can be done in python itself]

bye