distutils (packaging) newbie questions please....

Mark Hahn mark at hahnca.com
Tue Sep 30 19:20:27 EDT 2003

I just went through this with a python shareware app
(http://EzPicMailer.com) and after a bit of wandering around lost, I came up
with a packaging combination that worked great for me.  I can highly
recommend using:

1) McMillan utility instead of distutils
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html

2) Inno setup for actual installer  http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

After setting up a few .bat files, I can now release in a matter of a minute
or so.  Oh, and I didn't have to set up any __init__.py files or anything
like that.

news:bf23f78f.0309301511.376225b0 at posting.google.com...