Comments on Python Redesign

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sun Sep 7 13:17:32 EDT 2003

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 12:42:19 +0100, "Tim Parkin"
<tim.parkin at pollenationinternet.com> wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.1062934990.9290.python-list at python.org>:

> Perhaps the people who have commented on the site should realise it's a
> proposal and a work in progress. As constructive comments go the only
> feedback I have gathered is that the fonts are too small and the
> contrast is
> a little low. I've adjusted contrast on key elements and also increased
> the
> font size. These pages are here :
>
> http://pollenation.net/assets/public/python-main-2.html
> http://pollenation.net/assets/public/python-interior-2.html
>
> also bearing in mind that the html page will be accessible and hence
> allow
> text resizing here is a sample of +1 text size.
>
> http://pollenation.net/assets/public/python-main-2larger.html
> http://pollenation.net/assets/public/python-interior-2larger.html

My suggestions:

Go with the +1 font size as the default. The tinier font is nice for
fitting lots of data into a page, but not so good for readability.

Also, on the content pages put more white space between lines (i.e. the
vertical number of pixels between the bottom of one line and the top of the
next).

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/