Python ISPs

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at comcast.net
Sat Sep 20 01:38:57 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 13:24, Paradox wrote:
> Does anyone know of some ISPs that have Mod_Python installed. Most
> seem to allow Python CGI but not things like Mod_Python or Spyce. Is
> this a viable solution or should I just learn PHP. I would prefer to
> leverage my Python knowledge but I also would like a fast robust
> solution.

Interestingly enough, I just started a new job at
http://www.commandprompt.com and I convinced my boss yesterday that
Python-friendly hosting would be a good thing.  If you're interested you
can email me offlist.  We're pretty open to most things, including
third-party modules, specific Python version installs and the like.
There's only a few things my boss won't bend on (No Windows [Linux
only], no MySQL [PostgreSQL only], no gaping security holes).  Other
than that, we're open to most other things.

We should have an announcement by Monday on c.l.py.announce with more
specific information.

Regards,
Cliff

--