Drag and drop in Tkinter. How difficult is it?

Marc mnations at airmail.net
Thu Sep 4 15:25:29 EDT 2003

Excellent. Thanks for the head start.

A couple of questions.

1) If I want to have a moving object, and not just a cursor that
represents the moving object, do I need to continually pack and unpack
the widget that holds the object and redraw it to give it the
appearance of moving? I know sometimes the redrawing can cause
applications to flicker too much, destroying the effect. I don't know
if there's an optimum way to do this.

2) Also, in reading I found an old module called Tkdnd (drag and
drop). It was an experimental module that was supposed to be updated
but never was. Now I can't find any more information on it. Does this
module still exist or work?

Thanks,
Marc