What's the best MP3 (ID3) access library to use?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Mon Sep 29 19:26:25 EDT 2003

On 29 Sep 2003 04:49:03 -0700, rumours say that
paul.moore at atosorigin.com (Paul Moore) might have written:

>I'm looking for a Python library to access ID3 information in MP3
>files.
[snip]
>An example of the sort of thing I want to do - I've got some files
>with Artist = "Various" and Title = "Real Artist - Track Name" (from
>compilation albums) and I'd like to change that to Artist = "Real
>Artist", Title = "Track Name".

Unless you care for the hack value, you better use a free tool like this
one (which I have used):
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/html/tag.html

I have written an ID3v1.1 module, which I will include in another doing
APE tags too, but I don't think this would help you if your songs have
ID3v2 tags.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,