Jython class names

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 13:29:27 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.1063125556.24234.python-list at python.org>, Michael
Chermside <mcherm at mcherm.com> writes
>Peter Otten writes:
>
>Apparently that version of Jython includes the same small int optimization
>but lacks the small string optimization. Really, if you want the answer
>to be reliable, use "==" instead of "is" for immutables.
>

>-- Michael Chermside

yes no problem, but I had thought that all id style strings were
interned in python for efficiency in indexing etc etc. It's not a
problem in this case, but normally I expect D['id'] to be the same as
D['id'] for dicts and it seems this is not obviously true in jython.
Thanks for putting this so forcefully.
--
Robin Becker