better use of os.system()

Fooman fee at fee.com
Sun Sep 14 14:02:13 EDT 2003

> lower: not found
>
> I want it to run "lower" just like it would if I typed "lower" at the
> bash prompt.  How can I do that?

The problem is that the 'lower' script is not in the path that
the python interpreter knows about.  You can do:

	os.system("/my/nonstandard/pathto/lower")

or, if you are using Linux, or similar, you can try
making sure that your $PATH variable is getting set to
include the path to your script in the environment that
the python interpreter gets launched in.

So, what platform are you running under, and what is the
path to your 'lower' script, and what are the contents
of your $PATH variable?

Tobiah