Cool & Useful EmPy project, prior art?

Peter Milliken peterm at resmed.com.au
Thu Sep 11 17:16:45 EDT 2003

Ville,

If I understand what you want to do there is already something that does
this job for Emacs. Presumably to get it into some other target document
would require some transfer mechanism though........

Anyway, have a look at http://www.zipworld.com.au/~peterm. ELSE has a set of
language templates for Python.

If you really prefer a question/answer session (such as you describe) there
are other code template systems available for Emacs (that also come as part
of the Emacs distribution). They are template.el and skeleton.el. There are
no existing (to my knowledge) template definitions for Python with these
Emacs modes but I am sure they wouldn't be too hard to produce if you prefer
this form of interface.

Goodluck,
Peter

news:du71xunfweg.fsf at mozart.cc.tut.fi...