Opposite of yield?

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Wed Sep 10 18:15:32 EDT 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:39:14 -0400, achrist wrote:

> Erik Max Francis wrote:
>>
>> Yep:
>>
>>         generator.next()
>>
> This style supports only output-driven processes.  The generator, being
> on the input side, is always the server, and the output side is always
> the client.  It doesn't fit the situation where the input is
> heterogeneous and input has to get spewed in several directions,
> depending on its content.

It does if you add a dispatcher framework.  There is a python project for
just such a framework, but I can't remember the name.  The idea is dirt
simple, but the implementation gets knarly with exceptions and such.

Found it - Charming Python
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-pythrd.html