Conversion problem in parse_multipart

Michele Belloli mkbelloli at libero.it
Tue Sep 30 10:42:21 EDT 2003

Hi folks...

I have a problem uploading a file to a web server.

I created an html page with a multipart/form-data form and used
cgi.parse_multipart function to obtain form data (and obviuosly
uploaded file).
I noticed that if I upload an excutable file, I obtain a file where
0x0a 0x0a, are converted in 0x0a and 0x2e.
Obviously this file is corrupted.

When I save the  file, I use 'wb' flags to create a binary file...

Analyzing the  file before cgi.parse_multipart, it's possible to
verify that it's correct but when this function tries to extract its
value, 0x0a 0x0a are converted in 0x0a and 02e.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot...